Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Long Time

It has been over a year since I last posted on here. A lot of the reason being that I began working a lot more hours at my job and my husband and I began looking for a house to buy. This blog took the back burner and I kind of regret that. It seems like not much has changed since I last posted on here but I know in reality that quite a few things have. I actually was promoted at my job and was ecstatic about it and really wanted to learn and grow within the company but unfortunately things did not work out and I lost the promotion because management changed. It really hit me hard after putting my heart and soul into my work and I honestly didn't want to be there anymore but I stayed because of a few good friends who worked there and kept me sane. Granted this all took place over a period of 6 months and not just in the blink of an eye like I am making it seem. In the past month I started only working about 15 hours a week. My husband began the process last spring of applying at several different police departments because he always has wanted to be a police officer since he was a little kid. He got hired on at his first choice and started the police academy at the end of December. All the while we were still living with my parents but looking for a house of our own. The first day we went to go actually look at houses with our real estate agent we found our dream home right away. It was the first house we looked at and we just knew it was what we wanted. We made an offer that very day and moved in the first week of January. So now we are homeowners and last week my husband graduated the police academy and starts his field training in a couple weeks. It's been kind of a whirlwind but we have survived and that's what matters. As for the star of this blog - Winston, he is as handsome as ever and had his 5th birthday on April 28th. He was very spoiled all day with lots of Greenies and cuddles. Just what Pugs love! He enjoys having his own house to run around in and Jasper and Charlie love it too. They run up and down the stairs like crazy and wrestle like nobodies business. Rusty was enjoying the house but Charlie became very dominate towards her and was beating her up so Alex and I made the hard decision to have Rusty stay with my parents. She loves them and is used to them and living there since that is where she lived with me when I was a teenager. Lets just say she is enjoying the retired kitty life with no other kitty cats around. Plus my dad spoils her more than anything. He heats her wet food for her and she sleeps with him every night. There have been many times I have almost posted on here but I just was being too lazy but I am now committing myself to Mondays and Wednesdays as well as an occasional lifestyle post/life update. Maybe even an occasional rant that just needs to be expressed. But this blog is mainly about my love of animals and Winston's joy for life. Plus in advanced I apologize for the horrible video/picture quality on this blog...I am not made of money. I wish I was but I only have my iPhone available to me. I eventually need to purchase a camera that can take quality pictures and outstanding videos but that costs money I don't have. Since this is a life update post I might as well add that besides saving for a camera my main goal this year is to begin IVF/ICSI and hopefully become pregnant within a year. I am not seeing that happening though since the cost is astronomical...now here comes my shameless plug - please if you have the means (even $5 helps) go to my gofundme page and donate to make mine and my husband's dream of having a child come true! It seriously means the world to us. We both want to be parents so badly and I know in my heart I am meant to be a mother. Okay enough of that. I also just want to thank any committed followers of this blog who kept asking where I was and why I wasn't posting. I promise I am back and will do my best to keep to my schedule of posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis