Friday, May 29, 2015

Antique Charms

Tomorrow is the annual Pug Gala and I can actually attend this year because I got the day off! YAY! Alex and I will be taking Winston and checking out all the cute Pugs as well as awesome vendors and general Pug shenanigans going on. I can't wait! I will be taking lots of pictures so I can share with all you lovely, devoted readers. In the meantime I wanted to share with you one of my current passions which is seeking out antiques that speak to me. Anything that catches my eye and makes my heart happy. In Washington I live not very far from the city of Snohomish which has a very nice selection of antique shops so I love dragging Alex along with me to go check them out and see what new treasures await! I remember as a little girl my dad always taking me to one specific antique mall and I was always fascinated by all the old toys and beautiful jewelry. Most kids would probably be bored out of their mind but I adored it. It was like a treasure hunt looking for the most beautiful thing that someday I would own. Plus it was one on one time with my dad and that was always special to me. I frequent the same antique mall I used to go to with my dad and I always find something worth having. I will share one obsession with you which is my love for maneki-neko figurines which are Japanese talismans believed to bring good luck to the owner. I have always loved the look of them and just could never find any reasonably priced ones that looked well made. I finally found one a few months ago and had to have it and then they started multiplying because every time I would go back to the same antique mall there were more and I wanted them. Then I found a beautiful Siamese cat figurine and had to have that. Here they are:




They currently live above the fireplace and I am sure I will be adding many more maneki-neko kitty cats to my small collection and possibly more Siamese ones as well. I also got a gorgeous antique necklace and some other necklaces from a different antique store in La Conner so if you would like to see those please let me know! Check back tomorrow night for Pug Gala pictures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis