Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Winston Wednesday: Save A Life

Happy Winston Wednesday! Winston and I hope everyone has had a great day. I just got home from work and came home to a clean Winston who was freshly bathed by my husband. Winston loves baths and was definitely in need of one! He's got to be nice and clean for Puggerfest on Saturday. I bought him an adorable shirt today to wear there but I'm not going to give you any details. You will just have to wait for pictures. I brought the shirt home and tried it on Winston and he was so excited.

So October is an important month for the ASPCA and Humane Society. They both have a similar awareness event going on during October which for the ASPCA is Adopt A Shelter Dog Month and really just bringing awareness to people on how much good they can bring into a shelter dogs life by either adopting one or volunteering at a shelter. The Humane Society is using October as Adopt-a-Dog Month. They also want to educate people on what a difference they can make. I would like to aid in this process and to encourage you all to help out at your local shelter. Whether you donate, volunteer, adopt a dog or cat, you are genuinely making a difference and that is what counts. I used to volunteer at my local animal shelter for a couple years back in Washington state and I mostly worked with the cats but it was wonderful and I loved it. I cleaned their cages, fed them, comforted them and even got to name them! It was a really rewarding experience. Yes, it was hard sometimes but I knew that I was doing something wonderful and that I was making life better for these cats and that was all that mattered.

Here is a cute video of Winston with his Winnie the Pooh blanket:


That is it for this Winston Wednesday! Have a great rest of the week and check back probably Sunday for pictures from Puggerfest. Although I might put up a quick picture on Saturday of Winston in his cute shirt.


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could go to Puggerfest. I am looking forward to pictures!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis