Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Winston Wednesday: Poisonous Foods

How has everyone's week been so far? Winston and I have been good! Today I just wanted to do a quick post on foods that can be poisonous to dogs and cats. Not all dogs and cats will react the same but I still wouldn't give these foods to my pets.

- Alcoholic beverages
- Apple seeds
- Apricot pits
- Avocados
- Cherry Pits
- Candy (particularly chocolate or any candy with the sweetener Xylitol in it)
- Coffee (grounds, beans, and chocolate covered espresso beans)
- Garlic
- Grapes
- Gum
- Hops (used to make beer)
- Macadamia nuts
- Moldy foods
- Mushrooms
- Mustard seeds
- Onions and onion powder
- Peach pits
- Potato leaves and stems (green parts)
- Raisins
- Rhubarb leaves
- Salt
- Tea
- Tomato leaves and stems (green parts)
- Walnuts
- Yeast dough
- Xylitol (artificial sweetener)

This is a list of only the food products that can cause toxicity in your pets. On Sunday I will go over household products as well as plants. I wanted to do that tonight but I am pretty tired after work. I'm going to leave you with this precious video of Winston and I will have some extra cute pictures on Sunday along with my more in depth post! Have a great rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis