Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Winston Wednesday: Apple Banana Pumpkin Oh My! Muffins

Are you ready to spoil your dog? Here is a great and easy recipe to do just that! It has been Winston approved as well. I spoiled the cats on Monday with some homemade treats so I figured today I would make Winston some special treats. I literally looked in the pantry and pulled out what seemed like a good ingredient and went with it. So I had no idea if this would work out or not but I gave my makeshift recipe a try and it worked!!! I was thrilled and so was Winston. Now I am going to make it easier for you than it was for me by adding in little tips. So here you go, my made up recipe for my made up treats, which I am calling:

Apple Banana Pumpkin Oh My! Muffins
(Makes about 12-13 muffins)

* 2 cups of oat flour
* 1 Tablespoon of baking powder
* 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree
* 1 ripe banana (smashed)
* 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
* 1 Tablespoon of peanut butter
* 1 cup of water


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and get a cupcake/muffin tin ready by greasing it with non-stick cooking spray (I always use coconut oil spray). Set aside for use later.

2. In a large bowl combine pumpkin puree, banana, applesauce and peanut butter.


3. In another bowl combine the oat flour and the baking powder.


4. Slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ones mixing in a little at a time then when it gets too thick add small amounts of the 1 cup of water. Alternate adding the water and then the flour mixture until its all mixed into the one bowl together.


5. Once it is all mixed together pour it into the cupcake/muffin tins and set it in the oven on 350 degrees for 25 minutes. 

The final result. Not the prettiest things but Winston will be the judge of how they taste!

Winston's final verdict was captured on video just for you guys. Let me know what your dogs think of these if you end up making them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis