Thursday, June 11, 2015

Things Keeping Me Sane This Month: June 2015

I feel like a vampire right now...sequestered indoors with all the lights off. I planned on having a blog post up yesterday but I had a horrible migraine hit me around midnight (Wednesday) and was very sick and pretty much continued on that way for 12 hours. Once I started to feel somewhat human again I had no energy left and mindlessly laid on the couch binge watching Netflix. Now I have succeeded in giving myself a sinus infection from puking so much the past day. Awesome! Things could be worse though so I am just sitting here with a box of Kleenex while all three of the boys lay on the couch with me sleeping. Enough whining! I wanted to just do a simple post today and share some things with you guys that I am totally adoring right now and that are currently my favorite so far this month. I will also tell you why they are my favorite. Some are products and some are books/tv/movies. Here we go!

#1. MasterChef - This show is on it's 6th season and I have watched every single one. I love it. It's a nicer version of Chef Gordon Ramsey than Hell's Kitchen (which I also love) and I just find it fun to watch all these home cooks put into these crazy tests and situations. It's a nice way to relax for me and zone out for 45 minutes.


#2. Working Stiff: Two Years, 262 Bodies, and the Making of a Medical Examiner by Judy Melinek, M.D. and T.J. Mitchell - I read the description of this book on Goodreads and I knew I had to read it even though it sounded really morbid. It is morbid but it always instills the message of live life to the fullest and it's just such a captivating read. I don't want to give much away but it had me laughing at some parts and then cringing in others. I thoroughly enjoyed every page and definitely cried during one chapter. Books like this that are out of the normal every day reading for the average person remind me why I love to read so much. 


#3. The Weeknd - Where do I even start?! His voice...sweet baby Jesus. Perfection. I don't find him particularly attractive but his damn voice is what makes women faint. Not all women but the women who know what a sexy voice is. I better quit before my husband divorces me.


#4. CoverGirl LipSlicks Smoochies Lip Balm - It's the perfect balance between a lip balm and a lipstick. I have at least 5 of the shades and my favorite is the darker shade Text Me. I can actually pull it off without looking gothic! 


#5. Organic Dark Sweet Cherries - I eat these like candy. They are so delicious! I add them to little smoothies I make with coconut milk and pomegranate seeds...best thing ever. I think I could just live off cherries but then I would probably weigh 500 pounds because they are so sweet and sugary. Whatever, no regrets! 


Well sorry for the tiny boring post. Hopefully I will feel like a normal non-sick human in a day or two and then I will post more interesting things. What have you been enjoying this month? Let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis