Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Officially Back in Washington!

I am excited to report that I am officially living back in Washington state! YAY! After a few days of stressful travel I am very pleased to be back in my home state. I don't recommend driving over 2,000 miles with 4 pets in the car but you do what you have to. Obviously my husband and I took turns driving and we rested in California for a couple days visiting some family. That way we could get a nice break and so could the pets. We also would make frequent stops to let Winston out to go potty and then we set up a litter box in the backseat and would let each cat out of their crate to use it (which none of them did because they were curious about the car). I am a very anxious person and I was worried the entire time about my three cats and getting them to use the litter box and eat/drink so it was eating me up inside and making me feel guilty when they wouldn't use the box. Fortunately all the cats actually did pretty well and Charlie only meowed for like the first two hours then they all slept and were little angels. Then once we reached California we set up a litter box and Rusty and Jasper used it immediately. Rusty being fifteen years old scared me to have her traveling so far but she only had one accident in her crate while we were driving which wasn't a big deal because I had anticipated that and had put training pads down in her crate. Charlie actually didn't use the litter box for a whole two days which I didn't like but he ate and drank water and acted like his normal playful self so I knew he was just adjusting. When he finally did use the box I was extremely relived. While in California I met a bunch of my husband's family and caught up on some sleep. We stayed for 2 and half days and then packed up the pets and drove straight through to our final destination in Washington. Right now we are staying at my parents house in my old bedroom. The cats have free range of the bedroom and they all seem very happy. Winston is loving it here too because my parents have a dog who he gets to play with. My parents also have a cat that Rusty used to live with but they never got along. In the next month I will be looking for a part-time job and Alex will be hopefully getting a full-time one. Our goal is to buy our first house in the next couple months. I am excited for the next couple months to see what they hold. On Monday I will have a new Meow Monday post so definitely stay tuned for that and then Wednesday will be a brand new Winston Wednesday post! I just wanted to update you guys on life and let you know that my weekly posts will be back starting on Monday! I would also LOVE to start posting some YouTube videos regularly so hopefully I can make that a reality. Well I hope everyone has a great week! Pugs and kisses!

All of my babies on the bed last night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis